Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:57:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Wouter Vijvers <woutje@chello.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A bunch of questions (long)

Wouter Vijvers <woutje@chello.nl> egrapse:

<snip>

> Can't mount /cdrom: Device busy (again!):
> I was trying to install www/plugger from ports and one of the dependent
> packages gave a compile error on the line
> --
> #include<sstream>
> --
> But since I deleted /usr/src because I needed the space, that
> understandable, I guess. When I tried to mount the install CD to get the
> source, it said:
> --
> kees# mount /cdrom
> cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Device busy
> --
> It gave the same message with /cdrom1, but that has changed now to
> --
> kees# mount /cdrom1
> cd9660: /dev/acd1c: Invalid argument
> --
> for some reason I don't understand. dmesg says:
> --
> acd0: CD-RW <8X4X32> at ata1-master using PIO4
> acd1: CDROM <CD-ROM 48X/TKU> at ata1-slave using PIO4
> --
> So they seem to be correctly recognized. What can I do about this?

I am not quite sure what is happening down there.  I suppose you've taken a
look at the (on-line) FAQ entries.

> BTW, if I succeed, do I only need the include files to be able to
> compile? Is there maybe another way to get the source.

(?)

Someone else will give you 'minimalist' advice:  I have full sources
installed. :-) BTW, a suggestion can be found in the FAQ.

If you wish to get your sources back again, you might install them from your
CD, and update them via cvsup -- in the _very first_ update, just remember to
synchronize them against your _initial_ version.

Or maybe you want to keep them, say, on a 'server' machine?  In this
connection, there are various solutions (and suggestions) in the Supreme
Wisd^W^Warchives.

> Mozilla doesn't want me to set personal toolbar:
> Not really a FreeBSD question, but somebody might still know. I imported
> a bookmarks-file from a mounted FAT32 partition (which was a couple of
> months old), but Mozilla doesn't want to set the PTF from that file as
> the current PTF.

I fixed a similar problem last night, recovering my mozilla bookmarks.  You
may wish to look for your (old) file 'bookmarks.html', launch your
favo(u)rite[*] editor, and cut & paste the relevant items into your new one.
It should work.

[*] Not only do I try to be 'politically' correct, but also 'linguistically'
correct. :-))

HTH,
Salvo