Date:      27 Oct 2002 01:07:22 +0200
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        Georg.Koltermann@mscsoftware.com
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.7R: no sound when recording with ffmpeg?

Hi,

since a while I have been using ffmpeg from ftp.sohara.org which is now
in http://people.FreeBSD.org/~lioux/ to grab from my tv card.

Since I upgraded to 4.7R, I don't capture sound any more.

Ffmpeg does record sound (if I turn up the recording volume, I get
audible static), it just doesn't seem to activate the audio output of
the tuner any more.  This is also apparent from the absence of audio
during the recording -- I usually set the mixer so that I hear the audio
from the line input at the speakers.

Mencoder does not have this problem, it still records audio.  But with
Mencoder I can only grab 6 to 7 fps :-(

Any clues?

--
Regards,