Date:      27 Feb 2003 23:46:13 +0100
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
To:        Scott Reese <sreese@codysbooks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tomcat 4.1.18, Apache 1.3.27 and jk?

I did this a while ago and as far as I remember it went rather
smoothly.  I downloaded the source of jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.18,
changed directory into the jk subdirectory and followed the README.  The
build went fine.  I just built the native part of the connectors, since
the Java part is included in Tomcat anyway.

I may have had to copy the *.so to the apache libexec directory
manually, I don't recall exactly any more, but otherwise I can't
remember any problems.

I currently run the jk connector with Apache2 just because I already had
a working config for that from earlier attempts with Tomcat
4.0.2/Apache1.3.  This reminds me that I wanted to read up on
configuring jk2 and try that as well :-)

--
Regards,
Georg.