Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:53:10 +0100
From:      Matteo Riondato <rionda@gufi.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status reports - why not regularly?

--=-jMIXRx+3zjqNc3tVk6j7

Il Mar, 2004-01-13 alle 12:44, Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav ha scritto:
> Antal Rutz <arutz@mimoza.pantel.net> writes:
> > I just read the status report of the year 2003 from DragonFlyBSD.
> > I ask (not only) myself why don't we have something like this monthly o=
r=20
> > bi-monthly.
>=20
>  2) have somebody keep track of everything that happens and write it
>     down.  Nobody has volunteered so far (though bmah@ does it to some
>     extent with the release notes)

Just to give my own opinion:
For normal -CURRENT user who haven't a real in-depth knowledge of the
system, is not easy to understand what every single commit message
means, especially those in regard to difficul topics such as VM
development or network device drivers development. That's probably why
nobody has volunteered to write a Status Report. It (the Status Report)
should be a work both of users _and_ developers.=20
These are my 0.2 euro
Best Regards
--=20
Rionda aka Matteo Riondato
G.U.F.I Staff Member (http://www.gufi.org)
BSD-FAQ-it Main Developer (http://www.gufi.org/~rionda)
GPG key at: http://www.riondabsd.net/riondagpg.asc
Sent from: kaiser.sig11.org running FreeBSD-5.2-CURRENT

--=-jMIXRx+3zjqNc3tVk6j7

--=-jMIXRx+3zjqNc3tVk6j7--