Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 2004 15:32:11 +0100
From:      Matteo Riondato <rionda@gufi.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CURRENT as of today won't let me login via ssh, MySQL crashes

--=-j/1iTvOdJYSoPKBb90dv

Il Sab, 2004-02-21 alle 15:22, Gabriel Ambuehl ha scritto:
> Hi,
> I cvsupped at about 11:00 GMT, subsequently built world and kernel
> (ran through flawlessly) then rebooted but now I can't login via ssh
> anymore (it won't accept the surely correct password anymore).
> Interestingly, the machine lets me login via the console (as both root
> and the user in wheel I normally use for remote administration).
=20
non-PAM password authentication is now disabled by default. You probably=20
installed a new sshd_config during mergemaster. Change
#PasswordAuthentication no

in=20
PasswordAuthentication yes

and do a /etc/rc.d/sshd restart.

I don't know if configuring and using PAM would be better.
Regards
--=20
Rionda aka Matteo Riondato
G.U.F.I Staff Member (http://www.gufi.org)
BSD-FAQ-it Main Developer (http://www.gufi.org/~rionda)
GPG key at: http://www.riondabsd.net/riondagpg.asc
Sent from: kaiser.sig11.org running FreeBSD-5.2-CURRENT

--=-j/1iTvOdJYSoPKBb90dv

--=-j/1iTvOdJYSoPKBb90dv--