Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 11:59:55 +0900
From:      Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
To:        Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: INRIA IPv6 on FreeBSD

>For the kernel (/sys/netinet), this does make much of a difference
>in implementation modularity. My feeling is that, ideally, tcp_*.c
>and udp_*.c source files should be shared, but it's easier said
>than done. If they are not shared, this duplicates any maintenance
>work we have to do on these protocols.
>The latest INRIA IPv6 for NetBSD mentions that they now share the
>TCP source files. I don't know to what extent or exactly how this
>is achieved, but I like that.

	Hello, a small question...

	I'm now looking into INRIA for FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE (4/29/98 I think)
	but I see both sys/netinet/tcp_input.c and sys/netinet/tcp6_input.c,
	which are almost identical.
	Am I mistaking something, or obsoleted source is left in the tree?
	(Or the merge is just for "INRIA for NetBSD" at this moment?)

	WIDE stack is also thinking about tcp4/6 and udp4/6 merge too and
	about good/bad points of merged one and separate one.  Problem for
	us is that we have to do the merge for FreeBSD, NetBSD and BSDI
	separately (since they modified tcp/udp code separately...)

itojun