Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:05:43 +0200
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Ted Mittelstaedt writes:

> But the ahc() driver -is- bug free.  It's not bug free when it's running
> on modified hardware, but it's fine when it's running with unmodded
> hardware.

It's also free of bugs if it's never called.

> Your complaint sounds somewhat like the guy who bought a 68 Mustang then
> complained when he had to cut away the shock towers to fit in a 460
> and headers, then complained more when the torque from his engine twisted
> the frame of the car.

I don't know anything about cars.

> Your going to be told to stick your head up your ass as long as you keep
> believing that your hardware and it's firmware has nothing to do with
> the problem.

No, I'll be told that as long as I'm dealing with children instead of
adults.

> Tens of thousands (probably more) of other people run
> FreeBSD servers for years using aic7880 chipsets without seeing
> what your seeing.

Even more run Windows without seeing what I'm seeing.

Someone must be running my machine, since it is mentioned on the 5.3
compatibility list.

> Clearly, there is something in your hardware that is different from all
> these other people and that FreeBSD doesn't work with.

Probably.  Sounds like an OS bug to me.

--
Anthony