Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 20:21:40 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Too much spam from uu.net

Sorry for the -hackers posting here, but this will reach the people
most likely to be affected.

Despite their frequent protests to the contrary, uu.net remains the
single largest origin of spam abuse for our mailing lists and their
policy of apparently re-selling dialup access to secondary ISPs who do
*not* necessarily have to have stringent anti-spam policies of their
own only makes this even worse.  After the most recent spamming from
one of "uu.net's" dialups (and god only knows which affiliate is
actually responsible for it), I've taken it upon myself to add them to
freebsd.org's spammer list.  This is a purely provisional move until
we figure out how extensive the side-effects of this will be, it
perhaps becoming a permanant block if the problem does not abate and
not too terribly many folks are inconvenienced by it.  From those who
will get much less spam as a result of this move, I also doubt that
too many tears will be shed for uu.net.

- Jordan