Date:      Fri, 4 May 2007 12:53:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        deniswork <deniswork@uzvik.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: graid5 after-reboot problem

--- deniswork@uzvik.kiev.ua wrote:
> than i create new array, and all goes fine.
> I rebooted server few times, all was fine.
> I start coping my data, than power reboot happens...

In rare cases a power failure might cause a UFS to be badly damaged, I think...
This is caused by write caches (in the disks and in graid5)...
U might want to run graid5 with sysctl kern.geom.raid5.wdt=0
(that disables the write cache in graid5, which slows down write requests)

-Arne

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/