Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:04:32 +0200
From:      Iasen Kostov <tbyte@otel.net>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: route -cloning flag

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 17:28 +0200, Iasen Kostov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I simulate 'route add -net 1.1.1.1/32 -cloning -iface fxp0' on
> FreeBSD 8.x because it appears that somebody has axed cloning ?
> And no it does NOT work without -cloning. And I don't really want to
> argue if it is correct or not - It worked not it doesn't ;)
>
> Regards, Iasen.

Hum when I actually got to the machine and added the route it worked
without -cloning. I can Only guess that the on site support did
something wrong but I really don't know what mistake can they make in
that simple command (route add -net 1.1.1.1/32 -iface fxp0) ;) . I hope
it will still works after reboot ... And the man page is wrong, It
still lists -cloning as valid option, with that in mind and remote
server one can easily lock himself out :(

Regards, Iasen.