Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 2010 12:26:21 -0400
From:      indulekha <thebeelzebubtrigger@gmail.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB HDD needs replugging?

On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 17:56 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > >=20
> > > Does your USB device have a separate power supply?
> > >=20
> > > --HPS
> >=20
> > No, it's one of those pocket-sized HDDs.
> > This one, actually:
> > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SJZV10/ref=3Doss_product
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> Try to use an external self-powered USB HUB and see if the problem is the=
=20
> same.
>=20
> --PS

Sorry, don't have one of those.=20

Also, I really haven't been able to find much online about how to enable
quirks, whether the quirks listed in the ouput of usbconfig are already
in effect or just available for implementation, if there's some formula
for creating them, whether any should be avoided, what is the exact
command to enable or disable quirks, etc.=20

It's surprising how terribly scarce this knowledge seems to be. =20
All I know is spending Saturday morning screwing around with this was=20
not my plan. :) I'm not trying to become an expert on USB, just thought
someone somewhere would see my post and say "oh yeah, just modify line n
of file foo to *this* and off you go". Instead this is looking more like
an adventure requiring hours and hours of reading I just don't have time
for right now.

But thanks for taking the time to try to help, I'm just not
knowledgeable enough to make use of it yet. :)=20

--=20
caveat utilitor,
Indi