Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:18:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Mark Diekhans <markd@Kermodei.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA modems locking up system under 4.1.1

> Hmm, spoke too soon.  After the modem worked for hours, it lockup
> up the system twice in a few minutes (on IRQ 7, which I am 99% is
> not in use).

Ejecting the card, or you had a lockup of the system?  If the latter,
how do you know the modem caused it?

> How does one put a card in PIO mode; the pccardd complains about
> and invalid IRQ when 16 (or the `pio') is used?

The modem won't work at all reliably in PIO mode.  The interrupt load is
difficult enough to keep up with in non-polled mode.  If you polled the
modem, you'd have so many overflows as to be useless.

Or, are you talking about the PCIC controller (which generates
insertion/removal event)?

Nate