Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:07:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Masafumi NAKANE/=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, pvernon@purdue.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

> Now, as a blind FreeBSD user/developer, I'd like to include
> boot.config that has ``-D'' in our boot floppy so that we don't have
> to ask any sighted geek to look for the Boot: prompt in order to let
> the installer dump everything to the serial port.

Hmmmmm.  Looking at README.serial, I can't see any downside - can
anyone else?  What happens in the case where you have no serial ports,
does the kernel just ignore it and continue?  (Sorry, my FreeBSD spam
box is Linux'd at the moment or I'd check quickly for myself :).

If it's entirely benign, I see no reason why you shouldn't make the
relevant change to /usr/src/release/Makefile.

- Jordan