Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:52:39 -0500
From:      markp@utd.rochester.edu
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Trouble finding info

To Whom It May Concern:

I am attempting my first installation of Free BSD, and yes I am pretty
green. The ppp tutorial references network card device names, as in:
Other models of network adapters may have different device names in FreeBSD.
Check the FAQ for specifics about your network adapter. If you're not sure
of the device name of your adapter, check the FreeBSD FAQ to determine the
device name for the card you have and substitute that name (i.e.: 'de0',
'zp0', or similar) in the following steps.
However, I am using a 3ComElink III. It is on the Hardware Configuration
List, but the installation routine for Free BSD makes no reference to 3Com,
and nowhere in the FAQ can I find device names for specific cards, just the
few chipset choices found in the installation script.

Thank you,
Mark Pierce