Date:      Wed, 06 Mar 1996 23:21:14 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Act Now !

> I guess politics is part of the package when the Internet is so much
> on the spotlight :(

I think this actually belongs in FreeBSD-chat, given that it's a
purely political issue with no clear "right side."

Sure, we don't want people regulating the kind of data we can send
over the internet, but at the same time I hardly want the backbone
saturated with a million teen-age Windows users who are using IPHONE
to get around long-distance rates and have marathon phone
conversations about dating or whether DETHMETAL is a better group than
EARSLAYER.  That would be an utter catastrophy, and if you think that
network response is bad now, well you ain't seen nothing yet!

Given a choice over supporting the authors of VON software or
preserving some modicum of interactive response for our developers who
only want their keystrokes to come back on the same day they type
them, well, it's pretty hard to say.  This isn't the CDA again, this
is a lot of people trying to get something for nothing.

Either way, it's political and not technical, so please redirect to
chat, thanks!

					Jordan