Date:      Mon, 7 May 2007 15:37:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gore Jarold <gore_jarold@yahoo.com>
To:        jahnke@sonatabio.com
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware3 on FreeBSD 6.2 - minor (?) svga problem ... more #2

--- Frank Jahnke <jahnke@sonatabio.com> wrote:

> Remember this is a virtual machine.  You set it up,
> and how your
> underlying system is configured really does not
> matter.

Oh, I see - you mean the resolution of the VM itself.
Yeah, the VM never even starts, so I don't think
that's an issue.  I have not set the VM resolution to
anything at all, so I assume it would just run at the
default 640x480 boot resolution.

> > No - I hit "power on", it gives me that SVGA
> error,
> > and then does nothing.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> OK -- my explanation, while correct, is not what is
> causing your issues.
> You can set the vmware resolution by running the
> tools (or by diddling
> with a config file).
>
> Incidentally, how do you have your xbase set?

Do you mean:

/usr/X11R6

I installed vanilla xorg out of ports.  Straight
6.2-RELEASE ports tree - did not cvsup it or anything.

It's here! Your new message!