Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2011 10:47:29 -0500
From:      Jay Borkenhagen <jayb@braeburn.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   seeking recommendation: 1000Base-SX PCI NIC for FreeBSD 8

Hi,

After having been disappointed by one vendor *, I am returning to this
list to seek recommendations for 1000Base-SX PCI NICs.  I am looking
to run them on FreeBSD 8 and beyond, and I need support for MTU > 1500
bytes (initially around 4470, but possibly closer to 9k later).

On http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.1R/hardware.html#ETHERNET I found
mention of several "SX" cards, but I have first-hand experience with
none of them.  If anyone here can confirm jumbo support and current
retail availability of any such cards, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

						Jay B.

* - disappointed more by the attitude than the technical aspects.