Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 1995 12:04:25 -0700
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu>
To:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Gating hackers into the newsgroups

	Many Linux friends I know have
	stopped reading the *linux newsgroups because of the S/N ratio.

Many FreeBSD friends I know have stopped reading the FreeBSD lists because
of the S/N ratio and the sheer volume of mail.  This includes dedicated
FreeBSD diehards.  Certainly, I no longer tell anyone new to subscribe to
the FreeBSD mailing lists, because I know the volume will overwhelm them.
When old members have to unsubscribe to the mailing lists and new members
can't join, then you know something is definitely wrong.  The current
mailing list status quo is untenable.