Date:      Thu, 18 May 1995 07:46:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        babkin@hq.icb.chel.su (Serge A. Babkin)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pcnfsd or bwnfsd

Serge A. Babkin writes:

> I found recently that FreeBSD has no pcnfsd. I got pcnfsd
> and bwnfsd and compiled them (really the only thing I needed
> to change were make files). Pcnfsd works OK, bwnfsd looks to be OK
> to but I don't know how to configure it.
>
> Bwnfsd is public domain, pcnfsd looks like freeware but I'm
> not a lawyer to be shure :-)

Here is the pcnfsd copyright.  It includes
a provision that you can't charge money for the source code.
I suspect it goes in ports/LEGAL, though only the lawyers know
for sure.

** Copyright (c) 1986-1993 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.
**
**         D I S C L A I M E R   S E C T I O N ,   E T C .
**
** pcnfsd is copyrighted software, but is freely licensed. This
** means that you are free to redistribute it, modify it, ship it
** in binary with your system, whatever, provided:
**
** - you leave the Sun copyright notice in the source code
** - you make clear what changes you have introduced and do
**   not represent them as being supported by Sun.
** - you do not charge money for the source code (unlikely, given
**   its free availability)
**

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936