Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 1995 22:48:20 +0200
From:      Julian Howard Stacey <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   news software - which to use ?

Question:
  	Which manuals should I read for which tools, to get my host to
	download a few newsgroups from my IP provider to read off line ?
It seems FreeBSD offers a choice between at least nntp, cnews, & inn.

I have current src & ports
I connect via slip daily for a short time to my IP provider,
I really do want those newsgroups local & off line, not read on line.

I have looked in FAQ/Text & various mans, but would much appreciate
a friendly pointer .. do I start with nntp, or cnews, or inn or ... ?

Thanks,
Julian S	<jhs@freebsd.org>