Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 1995 11:40:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   kill the messenger

Hey guys - some of 2.2's badness is bouncing down into 2.1 city.

After I supped/built/rebooted on Oct 10 the following familiar problems
have surfaced on 2.1.

1.  Pci probe boot hangs on old EISA motherboards (printf's fix it)
2.  Unusual file system corruption after a system hang
3.  Unusual file system corruption after a panic induced by XFree312
4.  System hang with disk drive light on 100%
5.  System hangs very often - within minutes after rebooting.

All of these problems were noted on 2.2 early last month.  2.1 Kernels
before Oct10 did not exhibit these problems.

I keep very up-to-date sup trees so these are very recent commits.

2.1 must not be allowed to go gold with these recent commits intact.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
Internet Manager
WinNET Communications, Inc.