Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 03:02:02 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: growing X server processes

>>> Poul-Henning Kamp said:
 > > Dumb question,
 > >
 > > If  XFree86 is moving to their on efficient malloc shouldn't we be doing t
     he
 > > same ? 8)
 > >

 > 1. Not if it is tuned to X11 in particular.
 >
 > 2. Not if it isn't better than what we have.

Well, if Xfree86's malloc is inferior to what we have, trust me it will
be one of the first things that I will take out as soon as I get my grubby
hands on the sources. Most likely , others in different platforms will
do the same.

Now, what will be interesting to find out is, why does the XFree86 team
need to write their malloc?

>From my experience on X , is kind of hard to conceive that the X server /client
behave that much different than any large complex system. This of course
is a generalization.

	Amancio