Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 96 14:26:39 CST
From:      Aaron Harcrow <g506181@aurora.lasc.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-install@freebsd.org
Cc:        g506181@aurora.lasc.lockheed.com
Subject:   install via ftp (fwd)

Hi, FreeBSD install experts,
I would like to start the new year with FreeBSD 2.1 installed on my PC box,
but I am having difficulty with install via ftp. Any experience out there
with this aspect of install? The install is fine up to the "Network Config"
screen. I do not fully understand what I should enter for :
  1. Gateway
  2. Name Server
  3. IP Adress
  4. Netmask
I have a shell account on the netcom ISP and during the install I can connect
with netcom via the term command in ppp mode. I am trying to use the
ftp.cslab.vt.edu mirror site for install. The process fails and says
"cannot resolve 'ftp.cslab.vt.edu'"
Will someone please explain explicitly how the "network Config" screen should
be entered?
Thanks in advance,
Aaron Harcrow
swede16@netcom.com or alharcrow@lasc.lockheed.com