Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 22:46:25 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quake's out, where's that Linux ELF emulation?

Gosh,

Can we send out 2000 mail messages to iD??

I can understand, well okay remotely understand, a very very long
thread on the virtue of to code or not to code. However to send
a huge number of mail messages to iD to compile their stuff on
FreeBSD is not a big deal.

To make matters worse , I think we are going to be out of sink
with the latest *linux* sound driver . So even if  can muster
to run quake under the linux emulation stuff I bet we will not
have sound for a long time.

The icing on the cake, if I am not mistaken the main ftp site for iD
stuff is ftp.cdrom.com.

	Amancio