Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 10:31:45 -0800
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win32 (was:Re: Go SCSI! Big improvement...)

Two things that  can can attract more individuals to  FreeBSD:

o ability to run Win32 applications -- hows the Willows Project coming along?

   A few people that I have spoken  to have said that if they could run
   win32 apps they would use freebsd. The funny thing is that I didn't
   notice a hesitation on their part 8)

   Another reason, is to attract Win32 application developers to FreeBSD.

   Perhaps, I am naive however I think that many would love to dump
   Win3.1 and Win95.

o fast internent connection: isdn, adsl, etc...
   isdn is specially very attractive since it is becoming very popular.
   It is very hard for me to think of the days in which I was connected
   to the Net via a 9600 or 14.4baud modem. It sort of reminds me of the
   300baud days 8)

   For many moons now, hackers at least in the US have avoided even
   thinking about writing ISDN support for FreeBSD. That my friends is a shame.

   Once you are connected to the internet via a high speed link is kind of
   hard to have your system Off-Line 8)

   Amancio