Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 18:33:44 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <p.richards@elsevier.co.uk>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com, asami@cs.berkeley.edu, gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org, paul@netcraft.co.uk, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, loodvrij@gridpoint.com
Subject:   Re: Patch to talkd

> Bleah.  I'm going to stop committing these trivial changes - everyone
> jumps all over them with far more enthusiasm than they ever exhibit
> for the truly broken stuff, and it's more than a little annoying to
> spend 3 days debating something minor only to have everyone go
> completely silent when I try to get any help on something _majorly_
> hosed! :-(

Well, strangely, it's probably for the opposite reasons you might assume,
certainly in my case anyway.

When I see a "trivial" patch that I  think could possibly be
undesirable I just ignore it rather than look into what the actual
ramifications are since there are bigger more important problems to
worry about.

It's not until you actually commit that patch that I was happily going to
forget about that I think more seriously about it. I bet it's the same
with other people as well.

This is hardly serious anyway, we could run with it this way for a while and
see what actually happens in practice.

Now, on to something else, can someone recommend a good book on Sparcs,
all I have during the week is a Sun 5 so I might as well learn something
about it.

  Email: p.richards@elsevier.co.uk
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 (0)1865 843155