Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 1996 16:34:59 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: adjkerntz (was: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/tzsetup ...)

> > > Btw., there have been many problem reports about bogus adjkerntz
> > > activities here in Germany yesterday.  (We had a DST switchover.)  I
> >
> > It very depends on adjkerntz version. Old versions have a bugs.
>
> It was with a -current version, and -current timezone settings.  So it
> seems that new versions do also have bugs. ;)

Speaking of bogus adjkerntz activities ... I notice that on two
different systems (-current and -stable), there is an "adjkerntz -i"
daemon that never terminates:

    20  ??  Is     0:00.02 adjkerntz -i

and also, "adjkerntz -a" is run periodically from /etc/crontab:

    1,31    0-4     *       *       *       root    /sbin/adjkerntz -a

Is this really what is supposed to be happening?  If there's a persistent
daemon, why must there also be separate periodic runs of the same program?