Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 09:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        peter@spinner.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whither gcc 2.7?

> Thoughts?  Is it worth abandoning the plans to do do a bmake import this
> late in the game and switch to src/contrib (minus the non-x86 arch stuff)..

Yes, it is worth it, but don't drop the non-x86 arch stuff, as then a few
of us out here can play with makeing this work in a cross platform, otherhost,
etc type of environment without a lot of hassle.

> The more I think about it, the more I'm changing my mind and coming to the
> opinion that we can do a lot more with it if the parts that we need go
> into src/contrib with the bmake build points in the correct part of the
> tree as usual.

Remeber, what goes into src/contrib should be the _complete_ sources, with
_no_ changes at all, otherwise we might as well go back to what we have
been doing.