Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 1996 22:04:11 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/install in -current broken

Veggy Vinny wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Oct 1996, Dave Cornejo wrote:
> > Veggy Vinny wrote:
> > > 	It seems the /usr/bin/install in the latest -current is broken and
> > > doesn't know what -c is...
> > >
> > > root@earth [10:25am][/usr/ports/sysutils/top] >> make install
> > > Checksums OK.
> > > ===>  Installing for top-3.4
> >
> > There is an 'install' script in the top source directory - I remove it
> > before trying 'make install'
>
> 	It's actually the top port not -current since I just saw my make
> world do install -c and it didn't complain....

You obviously have "." in your path, and you're doing this as root.
You almost certainly have the "." early in your path, too.
It is a BAAAAD idea for root to have "." in their path.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200
Finger mark@grondar.za for PGP key