Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 11:55:26 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Subject:   Re: syscons and mono VGA screens?

As Michael Smith wrote:

> There's an annoying 'feature' now though; I have to leave the (mono VGA)
> monitor unplugged until after syscons has finished probing.  Otherwise,
> it gets as far as the autoconf line for syscons :
>
> sc0 at 0x60-...
>
> and no further.  The system still boots OK, and everything else works, but
> the screen is frozen.

It's not frozen, but it writes to a piece of memory that is not
displayed...  I thought this has been fixed long since.

Søren, any last-minute fix for it?

(Though i'll be away from any 2.2 release work after tomorrow noon MET.)

> (There's also an annoying delay when adding the default route, despite my
> adding '-n' to the 'route add' line in netstart.  The machine has two
> ethernets, and resolves via a local nameserver, so I can only guess that
> -n is not having the desired effect.)

-n does only have an effect on reverse lookups to translate addresses
into names when printing.  You gotta explicit use numerical addresses
in your case -- how else should the names translate into addresses
otherwise?

--
cheers, J"org