Date:      Sat, 18 Jan 1997 22:06:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Gregory A. Gilliss" <ggilliss@localhost.netpublishing.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3C589 'C' and 3C589 'D'

I spent the evening with this one; wondered if anyone had run across it yet:

System is FreeBSD 2.1.6-RELEASE running on an (Altima/Featron/Microlink) laptop.
I have two (2) 3COM 3c589 cards.  One works, one fails with the message:

		zp0 not found at 0x300

Both cards are configured the same (yes, I checked): port = x300 irq = 10
Same kernel.  Same LAN drop.  Same everything.
Both cards are combo cards.  I have not enabled the PCCARD stuff.
So what is wrong?

The card that works is a 3c589 'C'; the failure is a 'D' that I bought new.

Go figure.  So here's the question - what's different?

Gregory A. Gilliss		       P.O. Box 133, Walnut Creek, CA 94596-0133
Consultant/Computer Systems Analyst        http://www.netpublishing.com/ggilliss
ggilliss@netpublishing.com