Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 1997 00:16:27 -0800
From:      Joe McGuckin <joe@via.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Symbios (NCR) '875 SCSI card question...

This PCI card has 3 connectors - or which any 2 may be used at
the same time.

I connected a WIDE drive to one internal connector, and a chain
of narrow drives to the external WIDE connector (using a wide to
narrow adaptor cable).

With both sets of drives connected, the board cannot probe out any
drives. If I disconnect either the internal WIDE drive or the external
narrow drives, the card will probe out the remaining drives that are
connected.

Has anyone else seen this behavoir?

-joe