Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 11:00:39 -1000
From:      richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
To:        rmike@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at, Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.win.tue.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS: Problem with portmap (fwd)

} > You should get pcnfs or something like that.
}
} That means, if I run the nfs client software from FTP Software, I will
} get this problem, right? I have to check this, but I think you are right.
}
} It is possible, that the error on "rpcinfo -b nfs 2" (even on localhost)
} only appears after a mount from the FTP inc client. I rebooted the
} machine and tried "rpcinfo -b nfs 2" and there was no error message, but
} there was no try to mount from the PC before.

Check into Samba, (cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/packages*/All/samba*) it takes
up less space on the pc and works quite well.

I've used pcnfs a lot in the past, but I prefer Samba.

Richard