Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 13:14:47 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        jack@diamond.xtalwind.net
Cc:        mark@quickweb.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: On Holy Wars, and a Plea for Peace [sorry Danny, wherever you are, but the title fits]...

>> But seriously, the CS departments are where FreeBSD needs to aim its
>> marketing arrows at - learn from the Tobacco companies: get 'em hooked
>> while they're young and they'll be yours for eternity.
> Talk about deja vu all over again, didn't a company named AT&T do this
> with a new product they had called Unix?  Anyone know if the tactic
> worked? <G>

This was before my time, but I thought that was how Unix came into the
popular market.  People would use it to do learning, then research,
then commercial applications.

How come Linux is so well-known?  What in its history caused it to
take the spotlight?

Happy hacking,
piquan

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu
All my opinions are my own, not the Free Software Foundation's.

Second law of programming:
Anything that can go wrong wi
sendmail: segmentation violation -- core dumped