Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 1997 11:43:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Daniel Ortmann <ortmann@sparc.isl.net>
To:        rb@gid.co.uk (Bob Bishop)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: src-cur.2909 where are you?

> src-cur.2909 never made it here, nor to the mirror at tu-berlin.de.
>
> Can't get into uni-trier.de because of login limits.
>
> And:
>
> 331-(220 freefall.freebsd.org FTP server (Version 6.00) ready.)
> 331 Guest login ok, send your email address as password.
> Password:
> 550 Can't set guest privileges.
> ftp: Login failed.
>
> Bummer.

I ran a host command getting freebsd.org sites and auto-built a
set of [ -f src-cur.2909.gz ] || fetch commands with it, thinking
that this would be an efficient way to find it.  (It didn't find it.)

The odd thing that I discovered that a large number of the foreign
freebsd addresses could not be found.

Why is that?  Is there a pervasive problem with DNS's?

--
Daniel Ortmann       507.288.7732 (h)  ortmann@isl.net
2414 30 av NW, #D    507.253.6795 (w)  ortmann@vnet.ibm.com