Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:24:29 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@pmr.com>
To:        chat list <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Conclusion to "NT vs. Unix" debate

On Wed, Sep 03, 1997 at 06:39:06PM +0300, Narvi wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Wes Peters wrote:
>
> > Conclusions?  We don't allow no steenking conclusions here!
> >

> [snip]
>
> > Motorola.  IBM.  Hitachi.  NEC.  Fujitsu, now the world's second largest
> > computer company, and very loud about it.  etc.  Of course, all of them
> > but Motorola also make WinTel machines.  Personally, I think it stupid
> > that Moto and IBM didn't pick up support for NT on CHRP when MS dumped
> > it; they're doing themselves a great disservice.  AIX, bad as it is, is
> > better than NT, but "will it run Word?"
>
> Well, the rumour goes that MS wanted 300M for continuing to support PPC in
> future versions. It seems they didn't consider it worth that amount of
> money?

Would you?  I know I certainly wouldn't.  :-)

I had the "opportunity" to run NT on some PPC systems while still at IBM
and I have to say I didn't like it any more on those systems than I do
on Intel systems.

--
Bob Willcox	       Deliberation, n.: The act of examining one's bread
bob@luke.pmr.com         to determine which side it is buttered on.