Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 23:08:18 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: lockmgr panic

As Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> I hacked this little "genuine ram disk driver" up a couple of days ago,
> if should do everything you would want to have done if this is for release
> building:

Well, i think this requires quite a number of changes in the release
Makefile... so i'm a little reluctant to bring it in before 2.2.5
ships.  But i get the point.

> #ifndef RD0_SIZE
> #define RD0_SIZE (80*2*18*512)
> #endif

That's ugly.  My suggestion: provide two minor numbers per
pseudo-device.  The first is the actual rd driver, the second is the
control device.  For the control device, define an ioctl command that
gets down the desired size, and allocates a (optionally pageable)
buffer for it.

--
cheers, J"org