Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 1997 09:27:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   _login_ class upgrade problem

Upgrading from 2.1.7.1 to 2.2.5

OK, I did a   make buildworld   and then a    make installworld
and now no one can login. They get:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libutil.so.2.0: minor version 0
older than expected 2, using it anyway
/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_login_getclass" called from
login:login at 0x6234
Connection closed by foreign host.

I thought I was going to have time to merge /etc and rebuild the
kernel before going over to where the computer is located and
rebooting.

later, david
--
David Hawkins  -- dhawk@river.org        http://www.river.org
"Why, look, Ted.  It's a meeting of the new community leaders."