Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 97 16:33:52 +0100
From:      Tommy Svensson <tomo@bastad.se>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Web mail system...?

Hi FreeBSD,

A friend on the net told me to look up FreeBSD for a solution to my problem...
So i did!

The situtation is like this:

We, an ISP, would want a program/script that would enable the possibility for
users/students to retrieve and send mail through their browser! The Webmail
program/script should support send, check, reply, reply-all, attachments, save
sent mail, folder creation, search, template options etc... all the features
of a regular mail client i.e Netscape Mail or Eudora. We're currently running
a trial version of a program called InterChange and it works great apart from
it being way too slow and way too expensive... AND it has to run on a win95 or
a winNT server! I would like a similar program/script to run on our UNIX
server! But I haven't found any software that does this except for SpiderMail,
which consists of two perl5 scripts. A program/script in perl is desirable.
Spidermail is great but I would like alternatives and then a friend of mine
told me to check out FreeBSD.

Q1: How can you help me to make emailing possible through web browsers using
our pop3 account and our UNIX AIX web server?

Q2: Do YOU know of any program that fits into the above mentioned desciption?

Any help would greatly, GREATLY appreciated!!!

Sincerely,

   Tommy