Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 19:51:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Vermillion <bill@bilver.magicnet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Login screen,,,,,

Recently Lists said:

> Hi

> > Few questions I know that they these are basic but I know you guys will
> > know this right away...
> >
> > 1. How do I change the login screent that's displayed after someone logs
> > in?

> Look in /etc/gettytab, theres a line that reads something like this...
>
> default:\
> :cb:ce:ck:lc:fd#1000:im=^[[H^[[J\r\nWelcome to FreeBSD\r\n\r\n:sp#1200:
>                                              ^
> Just change this bit _______________________/

True.  But I have a question.  I there anything simlar to 'issue'
that is in Sys V.

If you are not familiar with this, a file called /etc/issue is a
text file, just like /etc/motd.

It is 'issued' before the login in prompt.  On my older system I
had about 3 lines of disclaimers before the prompt - you know the
legalese stuff.  That's a bit cumbersome to put in the login
string.

--
bill@bilver.magicnet.net | bill@bilver.com