Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 23:19:45 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp (iij) doesn't recognize carrier loss anymore

I upgraded from 2.2.5 to -current on Jan 17th.

User mode PPP no longer recognizes when my ISP has diconnected due
to a timeout.  My guess is that CD is not propogating up to ppp.

Basically, I find my system sitting with tun0 up, and the IPs
set for remote and local and the routing up.  However, the
modem is offline and CD is down due to the ISP handing up.

PPP is just sitting their figuring everything is up. I have to
kill it and restart it to get online again.

I have never used /etc/rc.serial before, however, I changed it
to set port 1 to modem which did not help.

I'm also guessing that I could turn on LQR, however, I have
losing a connection just because things are going slow.

What then has happened.  Is there something somewhere I need
to config?

--
brian