Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:09:55 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DOSCMD: Ctrl-Enter doesn't work in Quicken

Back-tab was easy; this one is -- interesting.

I verified that when Ctrl-Enter is hit, the same keycode and scancode pair
are put in the DOSCMD BIOS keyboard buffer as in DOS 6.2 under DEBUG.EXE.

I also verified the state of the keyboard shift flags in the DOSCMD BIOS seg.

Oddly, Quicken just doesn't see Ctrl-Enter.  "Enter" works, other Ctrl
sequences work, but not Ctrl-Enter.

I guess this might mean that Quicken is relying (at least partially) on
keyboard probes at the port level.  (I notice that Quicken sets its own
INT9 KB intr hdlr when it fires up)

Any tips on going after this one?  Does someone possibly have a keyboard
patch waiting-in-the-wings I could try :-)

Thanks,

Randall

(Unfortunately, Ctrl-Enter is the only way to get out of the
split-transaction dialog in Quicken 5, so I'm motivated to dig into this)