Date:      Sun, 1 Feb 1998 12:57:08 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        laszlo vagner <kf7nn@mutsgo.dyn.ml.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rehash missing

On Sat, Jan 31, 1998 at 07:49:23PM -0600, laszlo vagner wrote:
> after cvsuping to -stable i have no "rehash" command.

How do you determine this?  rehash was never a program, just a C shell
command.

> is this a feature that you dont need to rehash anymore?

No, not that I know of.  There's a good reason for rehash: it saves
time most of the time not to have to search the PATH environment for
programs you already know about.  It would be easy to eliminate, but
it would slow things down.

> another wierd thing i found is that when i do a "man rehash" i get
> the page for "sh", telling me all about the sh shell....?

Really?  Don't you mean the C shell?

Greg