Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 1998 15:52:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kevin Street <street@iName.com>
To:        patl@phoenix.volant.org
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java bug with setMenuBar()

patl@phoenix.volant.org writes:
>> > I've found a bug (restriction? feature?) with setMenuBar.
>
>It would also be helpful to know which window manager you are using.
>I've seen similar behavour with non-Java X apps that behave properly
>under one window manager, but move under another.  (It relates to
>WM or app toolkit bugs in ICCCM compliance.  Specificly, whether the
>window origin is interpreted as the origin of the application's top
>level window or of the border added by the WM.)

I normally use fvwm-2.0.46.  I get the same results under twm (not
sure of the version).  I'm on XFree86 3.3.1 and FreeBSD 2.2.5 + fixes
up to about Jan 1 98.

I'm in the middle of building kde right now and if I can get it
running I'll see what the test program does there too.  Are there any
other window managers that you think it would be particularly helpful
to test under?

Thanks!
--
Kevin Street