Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 1998 17:18:52 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANSI X3.241-1994

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 07:32:48PM -0500, Donald J. Maddox wrote:
> Anybody have a pointer to ANSI X3.241-1994?  I know I can get it from
> Global Engineering, but that's $ and I'd like to avoid that :-)
> I called them about some SCSI specs once, and they wanted lots o'
> cash.  Shortly thereafter, I found the info I needed freely available
> on the net...  Maybe the same is true in this case as well?

That's the ANSI C standard, right?  It's not freely available at this
point.  The closest you can get is the draft of the next standard.

The cheapest buy you will get for the original ANSI standard is
Herbert Schildts 'The annotated C standard', which cost about $30 less
than the non-annotated standard.  The rumours say that the publisher
took the original price and added the value of the annotations to end
up at that price.  (In other words, you're better off using white-out
on the annotations than reading them.)

Eivind.

with "unsubscribe hackers" in the body of the message