Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:37:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Soren Ragsdale <soren@primenet.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   (fwd) Re: x11amp ...

-- forwarded message --
From: soren@primenet.com
Newsgroups: mailing.freebsd.multimedia,comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: Re: x11amp ...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:34:14 -0600

In article <6c993o$815$1@FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw>,
  jkh@time.cdrom.com ("Jordan K. Hubbard") wrote:

> > It's in current, if you have a soundblaster, try this for a default:
> >
> > device          pcm0 at isa? port 0x220 tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 vector
pcm
> intr
> >
> > Look in the LINT file. :-) (You have to remove your snd0 section from your
> > config file.
>
> You can even try that in -stable now, and are in fact encouraged to
> do so. :-)

I'm looking for a little further clarification here. What exactly does
pcm0 replace?  JUST the snd0 section, or the entire sb0/sbxvi0/sbmidi0/awe0
set?  The LINT documentation says:

# Luigi's snd code (use INSTEAD of snd0 and all VOXWARE drivers!).
# You may also wish to enable the pnp controller with this, for pnp
# sound cards.

I guess I'm unclear on what falls under the "VOXWARE" umbrella.
If add the pcm0 line and remove the four sb0-related lines, what needs
to be added back in?

-- end of forwarded message --

"Recall that to every complex problem, there is a solution which is
 supremely simple, wonderfully easy to express, intensely seductive, and
 dead wrong." - Kent Paul Dolan