Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 11:57:04 -0800
From:      "David E. Tweten" <tweten@frihet.com>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Find, Rm, and Root's Crontab

robert@cyrus.watson.org said:
>I have actually found that the best and most enjoyable solution to /
>tmp-cleaning is to use an MFS-based /tmp.

I agree.  I use it.  My problem isn't /tmp cleaning.  It's cleaning #* files,
*~ files, core files, etc. from wherever they hide.  My exmh #* files, for
example, live under my home directory in the messages' original folders from
before they were "deleted" by exmh.

The problem that used to be solved by find and rm, before we discovered that
they constitute unsafe computing, is (old) junk files wherever they may be
found.

So, again, did FreeBSD decide to do anything more than comment out junk file
removal in /etc/daily?  If so, is it done and what is it?  If not, can I help?
--
David E. Tweten           |  2047-bit PGP fingerprint:  |  tweten@frihet.com
12141 Atrium Drive        |   E9 59 E7 5C 6B 88 B8 90   |     tweten@and.com