Date:      Sun, 1 Mar 1998 09:56:16 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help - make world fails

On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 01:07:57PM +0100, Eivind Eklund wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 1998 at 11:41:46PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
> > I've seen enough commentary on the hackers and current lists to think that
> > perhaps its not a good idea to consider -current a stable piece of code
> > right now..... am I right in this?  In particular, the place I usually run
> > into trouble is the NFS code and its stability.
>
> NFS w/Terry's patches should be fairly good now (but I don't run it harshly,
> so I really can't tell).
>
> Apart from build problems (which have usually been for minor things) and
> sporadic VM-problems (I'm not certain if all of these are fixed) -current
> seems to be fairly stable right now.  The build problems haven't been due to
> major changes; these usually come from minor changes, and don't indicate
> -current's health too well.
>
> Eivind.

Well, that's not good enough.  Terry's patches haven't been committed, and
there has to be a reason for that.

I HATE off-stream things.  I have to deal with some of them all the time,
because we have some local ones (to do our funny clustering and kernel-based
permission masking, to name two).  That's enough of a pain in the ass to
track across multiple revisions.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service