Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 10:42:27 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@mcs.net>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI Bus redundancy...

>Will going to paged SCBs do this?

SCB paging gives you the potential to have up to 255 transactions
outstanding, but with the current SCSI system, bumping the transaction
count that high can be hazardous.  I would suggest trying the next CAM
snapshot on this box and see how the performance changes.  The CAM driver
defaults to 64 tags per device but that can safely and easily be changed
up to 255 with a quirk entry.

It looks like the next snapshot will come out on either Friday or Saturday
of this week.

--
Justin