Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 01:45:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu, tlambert@primenet.com, dkelly@hiwaay.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Uncle Sam, got a million bucks?

> Actually, there was company dedicated with a product similar to wine
> and they required just a little push which we didn't give them.
>
> Forgot which company it was however I am sure that Terry knows
> who I am talking about .

Willows.

The problem with this product is that it's commercial, and targetted
at big UNIX.  The out of the box cost for FreeBSD + Willows would
exceed the out of the box cost for Windows95.

The governement is generally willing to give grants in order to
support work that results in them not requiring sole-source
justification documents on contracts.

If you watched any of the hearings on C-SPAN, or saw Bill on Charlie
Rose that night, trying to spin the monopoly issue, you'd think that
maybe Bill himself would support an effort.  ;-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.